How the Auction Works

The auction is now closed online. It will continue live tonight and close by 8:30pm. Winners not in attendance will be notified by email.

3. Closing
The online auction will close Friday Jan, 22 at noon and it will continue live that evening from 6pm to 8:30pm at our dinner and live silent auction.

4. Winning
Winning bidders who were not attending and not outbid at the live event will be notified via email. After payment is received (check or PayPal) they can pick up or have their items shipped at cost.

5. Donating
If you just want to donate to our Replenishment Grant fund for BYU students from the Kansas City area, thank you! Please go to give.byu.edu/kcalumni. In the Search Additional Funds type Kansas City, and when our Replenishment Grant fund comes up click Add. Then you can type in any amount you wish to give and click continue. Payment can be credit card, pay pal or electronic check.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Why are we doing this anyway?


Our goal for this auction is to raise $5150--two full semester's worth of BYU tuition--for our Replenishment Grant fund, which goes to BYU students from the Kansas City area who need our help to finish their education.  Almost always they are upperclassmen who are supporting themselves and it really makes a difference in their lives. It is called a Replenishment Grant because it is given in the spirit of the Perpetual Education Fund, and the recipients are asked to pay the fund back when and if they can so that others coming behind them can receive the same benefit they did.  Last academic year, we were able to offer 4 students grants and we would love to expand this to even more students.  We always have many more applications than grants available.  One past recipient is Whitney.  This is what she says about receiving the grant:

I received the Kansas City Alumni Replenishment Grant as a pregnant student trying to complete my last semester-and-a-half of school, which included an unpaid internship with a nonprofit organization. Knowing we wanted to pursue medical training, my husband and I had made it a goal to finish our undergraduate degrees without debt. I can still remember the great gratitude and relief I felt when I was awarded the grant money -- it was truly an answer to my prayers that not only helped us financially, but provided me with relief and boosted my confidence. It showed me that Heavenly Father knows us as individuals and He cares about our well-being, happiness and even our self-confidence. I am forever grateful for the education I received and the means by which I attained it. I look forward to contributing to the replenishment grant and paying forward the help that made such a difference to me.




2 comments:

  1. Hi I am Loraine McCall from the NKC ward. If you are still looking for donations for auctions, let me know if you could include us to your list of Silent auctions. My husband and I are Professional photographers and though we primarily focus on weddings, we have had a great deal of friends and clients ask us to shoot their high-quality family sessions. If you come visit our website, you can become familiar with our style and ask let us know if you would like the action item included and we could send you photos for the blog. We can also bring a sample of our work to show clients as well on a projector screen. Currently for family sessions we start at $400 but you can strat the bidding price at the price you need to start it to reach your goal. You can reach me to go over the details at loraine@mojicaphotography.com and feel free to visit our website at http://mojicaphotography.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I emailed you Loraine. Your work is amazing!!!

      Delete